[nabs-l] A Guide for helping students with visual disabilities

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:03:15 UTC 2015

I didn't get the chance to read through the whole thing but the
editing and writing style are just kind of weird. It's embarrassing
that a document supposedly written by big names in disability access
and someone from AFB would totally miss the definition of legal
blindness. The writing also seemed kind of cobbled together like how
many of those E-how and Wiki-how articles look. Is there a place to
send feedback?
The information overall was fairly good but I always get a little
annoyed by resources that focus on the hardships and accommodations
needed by blind college students without giving equal attention to all
the successes that blind students have had and continue to achieve. I
would have wanted to see a list of majors that blind students have
completed, for example.
Best, Arielle