[nabs-l] First Class Citizenship

KENNEDY STOMBERG kestomberg at coe.edu
Tue Apr 12 18:59:13 UTC 2016

So true Anna!
I do agree with what others have said. Whining or talking about how unfair the world is isn't going to change our problems. But that doesn't mean that it won't be difficult to face those barriers. It also doesn't mean we are first class citizens. I too was discouraged from majoring in biology for a very long time. It was only by proving my abilities in my biology classes that I started to be encouraged to pursue this major. I think we need to be seen as just as valuable as our site appears. That may mean we have to do more work, but we are definitely not first class citizens yet!

Sent from my iPhone