[nabs-l] First Class Citizenship

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:07:46 UTC 2016

And, I've experienced a loss of a grad school career, my first one, even
though I did the same thing as the other students, but got different results
due to blindness.
Granted, I should have done a better job researching the program, but I was
left out of Graduate assistantships due to blindness.  I didn't get a push
from the professors or anything.  Was I the perfect grad student, of course
not.  However, I was not aloud to make the same mistakes, nor have the same
opportunities as the other students.  I worked hard, made good grades, and
did my best to contribute and participate. I'm not wining, I'm just  stating
the facts.  And while I understand that I do have to work a little harder,
that does not make it right or fair.  I don't mind the working harder, but I
do mind getting screwed or discriminated against. I'm not blaming anyone, or
a system.  You work with what you've got.  I've admitted that my
investigation skills should have been more on point.  But man, the second
class citizen status cost me my first real career opportunity.