[nabs-l] College Expenses that Blind Students Encounter.

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 02:17:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I’m presenting at our IL Spring seminar on college financing, and the one
puzzle piece I’m missing is expected college expenses specific to blind
students. I looked online, and searched NABS archives back to 12 months,
but I can’t find what I’m looking for.

       While I know some folks anticipate Voc. Rehab covering basically all
costs, I think it’s prudent for a blind student to budget what their
potential expenses are ahead of time, especially if you end up not having
things covered. I could give examples of my own college time (not to
mention friends who ended up paying out of pocket for things that other
students didn’t have to worry about), but I think my experience is not
going to cover important things many blind students encounter, so…

Could people here offer some examples of blindness-specific expenses they
encountered in college that should be budgeted for?

Thanks, so much.
-Glenn Moore III
State Secretary,
(find our calendar at nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)