[nabs-l] College Expenses that Blind Students Encounter.

Munawar Bijani munawarb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 06:40:02 UTC 2016

Sure. When I was in university I was sad to discover that VR will only
pay for a reader the equivalent credit hours of the course a week.
Naturally, for math and science courses I needed more than three hours
a week of a reader. The rest of the cost came out of my pocket.

I paid for four or five readers over the course of my university
studies. Had I not been receiving SSDI at the time, this would not
have been possible, because the Pel Grant was insufficient to cover
the expenses.