[nabs-l] Microaggression and unconscious biases towards blind people and people with disabilities

Phil philso1003 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 03:51:35 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

What are some examples of microaggression, unconscious biases,
assumptions people say or do towards blind people and people with
disabilities that bother you?

I'm doing a mini research and am trying to compile a top-20 list of
such microaggression.  For instance, the other day I heard someone who
works with adults with intellectual disabilities, adults in their 30s
and 40s, that her clients are so adorable. She treats her clients like
infants but doesn't realize it could be disrespectful.

It'd be interesting to see what other examples we come up with here.

Let's share.

Best,
Phil