[nabs-l] focus 14 braille display

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:31:16 UTC 2016

Hi Kelsey,

I'm not sure why your Focus braille display is not working with
PowerPoint - I use a Focus 40 braille display with my laptop at home
and it has always worked smoothly when the presentation is in Slide
Show mode. Have you tried restarting JAWS or unplugging your braille
display then plugging it back in?

Do you happen to have a braille notetaker? If so, you might want to
try writing down what you want to say from each slide on your
notetaker and use those notes to guide your presentation. The
advantage of this approach is that you can put more details in your
notes than what you have on the slides. I have given many
presentations using this method and it has worked very well for me.
Feel free to let me know if you have questions if you decide to try
this strategy!

Katie