[nabs-l] Getting Feedback on Graded Work

Cricket Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:25:55 UTC 2016

Comments sometimes don't read with certain screenreaders, so normally
I ask them to send comments back to me on an email. Since I write my
papers, I know what the comments refer to. I don't have an aide
because I don't need (or really want) one, and that allows me to make
friends and interact with my peers. Most students are less likely to
talk to someone when there's always an adult hovering nearby. I've
always been a public mainstream student anyway though, so I've kind of
had to tough it out when I didn't have all of my materials and stuff
on time. But for comments, they can just write it in email if that
works for you. That way, you won't have to have someone read stuff to
you. Sometimes if I really need clarification on something, I will
arrange to talk to the teacher at lunch or when the rest of the class
is being particularly talkative. I find that these options afford me
some privacy. Hope this helps!