[nabs-l] Committee announcement for our members

NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:07:39 UTC 2016

Good evening NABS:

                After much thought and consideration, I have decided to
split the Membership/Communications Committee into two separate committees:
membership and communications respectively.

This means we have separate chairs for each of the above committees. Bryan
Duarte will be overseeing the Communications Committee, while Bre Brown will
be the chair of the Membership Committee. While we discussed various
projects under the umbrella of both Mem and Comm, that will be divided
depending on relevance. For example, Bryan will be heading NABS Notes,
website, blog posts, resource database, social media, etc. and Bre will be
leading projects such as member outreach, collaboration with other national
divisions, and new projects that Bre will share with us all.

Please reach out to Bryan individually if you are interested in working with
him on communications. His email is bjduarte at asu.edu
<mailto:bjduarte at asu.edu> . He would love all the help he can get.

For clarification purposes, Bryan Duarte is chair with Tarik Williams as his
co-chair; and Bre Brown is chair of membership with Chris Nusbaum as her
co-chair. Shannon Cantan is in charge of social media, so will be working
heavily with the communications team for transparency, involvement, and
expansion.

Thank you for all of your work, energy, and enthusiasm, as we build the
National Federation of the Blind.

Best,

Kathryn Webster

President | national association of Blind Students