[nabs-l] college parties

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Thu Aug 25 15:37:05 UTC 2016

Greetings Nabs,
yes,performing well in College is vital and very important. One should
focus a significant time to their studies and coursework. However, we
must be cognizant  of our own mental and physical awareness. If we
spend all of our time focusing on our schoolwork, that is a
prescription for burnout. We as College students need to balance into
our lives time for self-care. Whether it is exercising, spending time
with friends, going to the movies or any other type of activity that
is  geared to increase our happiness positively is vital to our
success in College. Ultimately, it is up to you if you want to attend
this College party. College is not only a time for academic growth and
success, but it is a time to make friends, take part in new
experiences that will help mold us into positive leaders in our
careers and if you are involved in the NFB, leaders in the Federation.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you and everyone success in their
academic and future careers.

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Treasurer
Texas Association of Blind Students