[nabs-l] The Next Few Years of My Life

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 04:01:18 UTC 2016

Hi, Ahbee,

I'm sure you'll hear plenty of suggestions here, but my experience of
going to college right after high school has been a pretty positive
one.  I would recommend knocking out any gen ed courses through AP
credit you can.  Though it isn't a center, I was forced in some ways
to learn and work on independence skills in cooking, cleaning, and
independent travel which have served me well while living on my own
and with roommates.  However, if you're considering Hadley, I also had
a very good experience with them.  My high school actually messed up
in a complicated situation that dealt with my schedule and IeP, but I
was able to take a Hadley course on adjustment to blindness and
satisfy the state health requirement through a course substitution.
My impression was that the courses were easy to understand and the
instructor was pretty helpful, and I enjoyed taking the class through
an independent study and online format.  Best of luck to you as you
make your decisions.  HTH.

On 12/3/16, Ahbee Orton via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am really thinking a lot about my next few years for high school and
> college. I have considered several options. I could take my school's AP
> courses for the next two years to graduate. I could take a hybrid between
> Hadley courses and my high school's courses. I could participate in dual
> enrollment, or this special program that my school offers with a college, to
> get my Freshman year done. The last option is to take all Hadley next year,
> and graduate from high school early. I'd be able to work if I wanted to and
> prepare for the ACT or SAT. I also want to go to a training center the year
> I'd be in 12th grade, but I could finish early and do the training center.
> What do you think is the best way to go? Thank you!
>

> Sent from Ahbee's iPhone

> NABS-L:

Kaiti Shelton