[nabs-l] NABS blog post for December

Bryan Duarte (Student) Bryan.Duarte at asu.edu
Sat Dec 10 01:29:14 UTC 2016

Greetings NABS and welcome to the holiday season. Hopefully all of your finals and projects have gone well and you can enjoy your winter break. Here is a blog post that I think many of you will enjoy. It is written by a gentleman named Mike Armstrong, who shares his personal story about how he leads teams of blind students in and out of the Grand Canyon in one day. Mr. Armstrong is an amazing man who lost his vision over 20 years ago and continues to live the life he wants everyday! Join with me in reading this amazing story about his last trek into the Grand Canyon with a group of blind and low vision students.

If you have any questions or comments regarding the post please feel free to contact me at bjduarte at asu.edu<mailto:bjduarte at asu.edu>. Thank you and enjoy reading

http://nabslink.org/content/grand-canyon-not-grand-these-blind-students

Bryan Duarte software engineer
ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President
QwikEyes CEO http://www.qwikeyes.com/

“let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you, all things are passing away: God never changes. patience obtains all things. whoever has God lacks nothing; God alone suffices.”
-- St. Teresa of Avila