[nabs-l] VABS Conference Call: National Scholarship

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:55:56 UTC 2016

Greetings Federation Family and Students

As holidays and the breaks associated with them approach, I am sure that
excitement is very high to enjoy a well-deserved release from the pressures
of high school, college, or training. I can honestly say that I feel the
same way, however, I do know how quickly after the New Year's holiday that
school resumes and we as students are back to regularly scheduled
programming. For these reasons, the Virginia Association of Blind Students,
VABS, are keeping that notion at the forefront of our minds and have planned
a very important conference call for all students, federation members that
are thinking about college, and family members of college students. Our
January conference call will contain all necessitated information that is
included in business meetings like reports on the treasury, event plans for
the future, and upcoming fundraising; but it will also have a very special
segment on the NFB national college scholarship that is awarded at our
National Convention each year. These awards, ranging from $3000 to $12000,
are competitively attained by blind college students all across the country
that display equal parts merit, determination to succeed, and practice of
the NFB philosophy. To join us on this call with deadline information and
tips, we will have a national representative from Utah, Mr. Everett Bacon,
as well as an anecdote from this year's Virginia winner and our Secretary,
Ms. Sharon Jose. Please feel free to call in if you have any questions about
how the process works or would like to understand what it takes to be
considered for one of these prestigious awards.

The January 2017 conference call for the Virginia association of Blind
Students is on Thursday, January 5 at 7pm. The call in credentials is 641
715 3655. The access code is 568305. I look forward to hearing you all on
the call.

Warm Wishes

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

www.nfbv.org