[nabs-l] how to prepare for college coursework

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:36:25 UTC 2016

Hi Ahbee,
Yes, you are right.  There are fewer exams and assignments so
they must be done well.
If there is more than one exam, you have the opportunity of doing
even better on the next ones because you will learn how the
teacher "Works." Do they base their exams just on discussions in
class, just on reading or a combination of both? Office hours are
also very helpful.  Finally, a piece of advice one of my teachers
gave me was to try to put yourself in a situation.  For example,
if you're learning about conditioning in psychology, think of
situations that apply to you.  If you're in philosophy, trying to
apply your own feelings and thoughts to what the philosopher is
trying to convey.
Vejas