[nabs-l] some tech questions: Braille Note as display for laptop and a Word issue

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:43:33 UTC 2016

Hi NABS friends,

I have some techie questions for you all, because let's face it, I'm
just not the most tech savvy person, haha.

First, Are any of you gurus with connecting your Braille Note to your
Laptop to use it as a Braille Display?  I keep getting a Braille load
error message from JAWS and I can’t figure out how to fix it in the
JAWS Braille settings.  I’m trying to connect my Braille Note with a
USB cable because I don’t think my laptop has Bluetooth capability.

Second, does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with a scanned
textbook in Word that has sections and column breaks that, when you
are having JAWS do a “read all” with Insert down arrow, it repeats
sentences or phrases incessantly? It is super annoying, not to mention
a waste of time, and then when I arrow around to try to get out of
that obnoxious read-all mode to stop it from constant repeat mode, it
takes me to another section.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Sarah

--
Sarah K. Meyer
Graduate Student, Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Social Psychology
sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
(317)402-6632

characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love,
hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.