[nabs-l] some tech questions: Braille Note as display for laptop and a Word issue

Christina Moore christina.moore16 at houghton.edu
Mon Feb 1 15:48:32 UTC 2016

Hey Sarah,

I love tech but I'm not the most knowledgeable out there. I will try
and help though.

In order to use the BrailleNote with your laptop, you need a driver
that you can download from the software section of the HumanWare
website. Go to the braillenote page (for the braillenote you have),
support, software. I believe this is how you get it or it is on a CD
that came with your braillenote. (I have not done this in ages so I
may be wrong but I am thinking this is how it works).
Second, does your college have a digital text coordinator or someone
that works with converting/formatting textbooks for students? You may
want to see if he/she can format the book differently so it is easier
for JAWS to read.
Hope that helps in some way.
Have a great day! :)
Christina