[nabs-l] some tech questions: using Braille note as display and a Word issue

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:25:41 UTC 2016

Thanks Christina! Now that youmention this, I do remember someone frm
our adaptive computer technology lab helping me download a driver from
the Freedom Scientific website for the Braille Note; it just doesn't
make sense that a few days after I did that it stopped working and I
would need to do this all over again.  Please note that I did the
driver download a couple of months ago and am just now getting around
to readdressing the issue; my memory isn't that far gone yet. :) I'll
look for the driver on the FS website again, and I'll see if someone
can work on reformatting my textbook as well. Thanks for the advice!
:) You rock! I do wish I could navigate this format more
independently/efficiently, so if anyone does have suggestions I am
open to hearing them. :)

Sarah

  Hey Sarah,

I love tech but I'm not the most knowledgeable out there. I will try
and help though.

In order to use the BrailleNote with your laptop, you need a driver
that you can download from the software section of the HumanWare
website. Go to the braillenote page (for the braillenote you have),
support, software. I believe this is how you get it or it is on a CD
that came with your braillenote. (I have not done this in ages so I
may be wrong but I am thinking this is how it works).
Second, does your college have a digital text coordinator or someone
that works with converting/formatting textbooks for students? You may
want to see if he/she can format the book differently so it is easier
for JAWS to read.
Hope that helps in some way.
Have a great day! :)
Christina