[nabs-l] Transition

nesma aly nesmaaly123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:33:02 UTC 2016

Hi,
I was never sighted as a young child but never the less I have run into some annoying problems. The most common problem will be getting teachers to understand that you can not read like your sighted peers. I m in 10th grade and I still run into that problem. I just have to keep reminding teachers to give me things ahead of time. I currently take a laptop to school and that is the way I am getting work done. My teachers will give me class work and homework on a flash drive and I import it to my laptop. I find this to work fine, however, I am still having problems with teachers understanding that I use a screen reader and it does not read things in text boxes.  Other than that everything else is fine.
Please let me know If you have any more questions. By the way,are you a part of the National Federation of the blind? This is a nonprofit organization run by blind members. They give people lots of resources to live the life you want with lots of tools and support. If this is something you are interested in please let me know. I am a member since I was in 3d grade and now am a part of the MDABS. This is the same as  NABS except for the state of Maryland.
Good-luck talk soon,
Nesma Aly