[nabs-l] Moderating a discussion

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:37:25 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you well. I will be hosting a panel discussion at an upcoming conference that is being conducted by a student-led organization at Harvard. I wanted to know what coping strategies would be useful to make the discussion as seamless as possible. My job would fundamentally revolve around introducing panelists, asking questions and facilitating  q and a of the audience with the panelists. I would be grateful if anyone could provide suggestions on the following issues:
1. What would be the best strategy to remember things such as  the intro of panelists and my questions for them?
2. Typically, the moderator selects people from the audience for asking questions. How should I address this issue?
3.  Can you think of a seamless way to keep track of time without causing any inconvenience to the speakers and the audience?
4. Should I ask the panelists for any accommodation?

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone