[nabs-l] Moderating a discussion

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:54:56 UTC 2016

Hi Rahul,

I suggest you take notes for what you want to say to introduce
the pannalists.  When it comes to questions, I have attended two
academic conferences, and the common practice was for pannalists
to handle their own questions.  Make sure that the practice at
this conference is for the moderator to do so.  If it is, I would
suggest you ask people in the audience to say there name to be
called on NFB style.  As far as time, when I was a pannel
moderator I had my notetaker open in front of me with the clock
running.  If you don't have a note taker or a braille watch, I
would suggest using your phone's clock with an earbud.  I don't
think you will need any accommodations from the pannalists unless
perhaps you want to ask them to take their own questions if that
isn't the common practice at your conference.

Best,
Karl