[nabs-l] Interesting interaction with a professor

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:35:03 UTC 2016

Hi Kaiti,

Is using your technology in class an official accommodation
registered with DSS?  If so, the professor is required to let you
use it.  In fact, the DSS office is not allowed to tell the
professor what your disability is, and there is no requirement
for you to do so.  I do understand the concern about you using a
computer while no one else can and about students perhaps
worrying that there is favoritism going on or something.  It is
standard, however, for professors to say that no one is allowed
to use technology accept under special circumstances or in the
case of disability or something similar precisely to address
this.  You should not be forced to explain anything to your
professor or fellow students.

Best,
Karl