[nabs-l] taking quizzes

STOMBERG, KENNEDY kestomberg at coe.edu
Sat Jan 9 22:17:16 UTC 2016

Ashley,

It really does depend on the class. One of my first college classes, the
professor insisted that I take her short five-question quizes in the
Testing Center. My DSS office strongly objected, and she eventually let me
take the quizes in class.

Most of the time, I take quizes orally with the professor.

As for cheating, I think your previous track record should speak for
itself. If you've been honest in the past, it shouldn't be a problem. Your
professor will probably trust you. If it is a concern, you certainly can
sit somewhere else in the class or go out into the hallway, and take it
with a notetaker or your laptop, or even with the professor in her office.
Alternatively, the professor might ask you to write an "hnor statement."
I've been asked to do this before. It's just one or two sentences that says
that you promise not to use any outside resources to take the quiz. This
way, the professor has proof that you agreeed not to cheat.
Whatever you and your professor decide to do should be fine! The fact that
you're concerned about cheating shows that you won't do it!

I hope this helps!
Kennedy Stomberg