[nabs-l] Braille Sense U2

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:33:08 UTC 2016

Hi student friends,

I am looking into getting a new note taker as my beloved Braille Note
is 6 years old!  Yeah, it's been through a lot with me.  It needs
cleaning more and more often, and though I love it, I know I will have
to replace it sooner or later.  I am a heavy note taker user and would
love to have a working backup.  Anyway, I am seriously considering the
Braille Sense U2.

My questions: what are your honest recommendations?  For those of you
who use the Braille Sense, have you found it to be efficient and
stable?  Do you use the clients-email, Facebook, Youtube, etc?  What
don't you like about the device?  Do any of you use the Braille Sense
with different languages?  If so, do they work well?  The Braille Note
supports French, German, and Italian-the languages I have studied, but
it refuses to set documents in those languages when I choose them.

Any other thoughts on note takers?  I want to be thorough here.  Thanks.

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,