[nabs-l] Using Rolling Bags and Navigating Open Spaces

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:34:14 UTC 2016

I had a neck injury and couldn't carry much, so I tried using a rolling bag.  It is usable in the snow but not easy to roll.  You really have to pull it through the snow, it doesn't really roll.  I am not sure how it would affect your balance.  I don't think it would.  But you'd have to try it out and see.  And yes, it is quite inconvenient to not have an open hand.  When i try to carry food and coffee and a cane and roll the bag behind me, it's not easy to do, but somehow, you just have to work it out.  At least when you get on a bus or open a door, you can let go of the bag for a second as you open the door or step onto the bus and then reach back and grab the bag.

Anna E Givens