[nabs-l] Anyone with Experience working at Construction Sites?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:58:32 UTC 2016

Hi Kennedy,
  I have done some work around construction sites.
 Firstly,it sounds like the chapter president is speaking to perceived  concerns. has she actually  heard legitimate concerns from the  people in charge of the project? or is she anticipating possible  objections to you being a part of the team working on the house?
 once you get past whether or not these concerns are being felt by the project supervisor(s) then it might be appropriate to consider how to address them.
 Generally speaking  these types of projects are designed to put to work a number of hands on a small number of large projects.  The people working o the projects are probably not going to have a great deal of experience on construction work and like you will need training.
 I would start out  on a project that you feel comfortable with.  Something  that maybe isn’t quite as challenging as maybe you might  want at first, but something you feel good about doing and there is a need for.
 Say for example there is a need for people to nail down wood planks on a roof and there is concern about you doing this, but  there is a need for  people to run supplies  between multiple habitat sites where your group is stationed.
 It might be a good idea to help run  supplies at first and as people get more  comfortable with their jobs and you being a part of the effort you might jump in  on that roof project if you wanted. If you don’t want to jump  in on that project, you might try jumping in on something else  where you feels comfortable.
  I hope that helps in a general sense.
  Darian ..
   ,     .
   .