[nabs-l] Legislation

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Jan 19 00:40:32 UTC 2016

Hi Anna,

Great question! I am proud to say that I was on the committee that put on that workshop.

As of yet, I have not seen any of these materials for the workshop, but I know that NABS President Sean Whalen is hard at work on putting them together.

I am so glad to see that student leaders like you from all the way across the country want to benefit from the knowledge discussed at the workshop. I think you're right on point in the notion that we should share this information widely. After all, our main priority is to raise the expectations of blind people and pass good legislation that reflects those expectations, not to keep information restricted to only those who can attend an event in the northeast corner of our country on a weekend in November.

If I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you know. I, too, am eager to see those materials. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait!

In the meantime, we can totally talk on the phone about whatever I can remember from the event if that's helpful.

Yours,

Justin

Justin Salisbury, NOMC, NCUEB
Graduate Student
Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=325734822
Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

"None can be free as long as any are enslaved"

Dr. Kenneth Jernigan