[nabs-l] {Disarmed} FW: [ColoradoPELA] OTish: CREEC is looking for an office manager

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Tue Jan 19 20:19:21 UTC 2016

From: ColoradoPELA at yahoogroups.com [mailto:ColoradoPELA at yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:20 PM
To: ColoradoPELA at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ColoradoPELA] OTish: CREEC is looking for an office manager

Please circulate widely.  Thanks!

Office Manager for Civil Rights Nonprofit

The Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center (CREEC), a small nonprofit
organization with offices in Denver, Colorado and Berkeley, California, is
looking for an Office Manager.

*  Do you want a job where you are encouraged to take ownership of projects
and to find creative solutions, and where you receive frank but productive
and encouraging feedback?

*  Do you look forward to the new Container Store catalog so you can figure
out new and creative ways to organize everything around you?

*  Do you like an office where casual conversation ranges from gender
neutral pronouns, universal design, and #blacklivesmatter to dog antics and
bingeing on "Scandal"?

*  Do you like it when you and your colleagues can find humor in even the
busiest days and about even the most aggravating opposing lawyers?

*  Can you multitask? And by multitask, we mean Multi. Task.  Do lots of
different things at the same time.  Juggle chainsaws.  You know, the usual.

If so, you just might be the office manager CREEC is looking for.

CREEC's mission is to fight discrimination in our nation's civic life on the
basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, or gender identity.  We are committed to this mission, and we
are looking for someone who shares that commitment.  We promote our mission
through impact litigation, investigations, outreach, and education.  Our
scope is nationwide, and we have litigated cases and conducted educational
presentations in many other states around the country.  Many of our cases
are class actions, although we also represent individuals and organizations
in smaller cases.

We are looking for a smart, motivated college graduate to be our Office
Manager.  To succeed at this job, you'll need:

Superior organizational and writing skills.  We are very busy with a heavy
case load of complex litigation and educational projects.  We need someone
who can internalize the details of these projects and help us keep track of
them, manage large document productions, and generally run all but the
purely legal aspects of each case.  In addition, our office manager will
assist with our online and social media outreach, including drafting blog
posts and managing the website, so strong writing skills are a must.

Familiarity with Software and Apps.  We have a website and blog, receive
donations online, and make extensive use of the cloud in collaborating
between CREEC's offices and among co-counsel.

Common sense. As Office Manager, you'll be responsible for interacting with
vendors, making travel arrangements, organizing our annual event, and
generally keeping things humming.  We need to be able to trust your work and
your judgment on matters large and small.

Ability to work well with other people . . . and alone.  You need to be
comfortable and professional interacting with courts, clients, opposing
counsel, and the wide variety of people who call and visit our nonprofit.
Because the attorneys travel often, you also have to be comfortable and
efficient working with little supervision.

Willingness to do a bit of everything.  We are a small nonprofit, so you
have to be comfortable doing less glamorous things, like filing, data entry,
or running out to pick up lunch.

We work very hard, but our office atmosphere is upbeat and casual.  Our
Denver office is located in an eclectic neighborhood that includes great
restaurants and independent movies.  We have a well-stocked kitchen and two
office dogs.  If you like responsibility and handle the tasks well, you will
be able to play a major role in our growing nonprofit and have a varied and
interesting practice.  You can check us out at www.creeclaw.org
<http://www.creeclaw.org> .

Salary:  $40,000 to $45,000 depending on experience.  We also offer health
insurance, a 401(k) plan, free parking, and three weeks of paid vacation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, gender, religion,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Please email your resume and most recent transcript, along with a cover
letter or email explaining why you are interested in the job to
arobertson at creeclaw.org <mailto:arobertson at creeclaw.org> .

__._,_.___

  _____

Posted by: Amy Robertson <arobertson at creeclaw.org
<mailto:arobertson at creeclaw.org> >

  _____

89;_ylc=X3oDMTJxaHUxYnVyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1
MDU5Mzg1BG1zZ0lkAzIyMzg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTQ1MzIzMjA1Mw--?act
=reply&messageNum=22389> Reply via web post

.

<mailto:arobertson at creeclaw.org?subject=Re%3A%20OTish%3A%20%20CREEC%20is%20l
ooking%20for%20an%20office%20manager> Reply to sender

.

<mailto:ColoradoPELA at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20OTish%3A%20%20CREEC%20i
s%20looking%20for%20an%20office%20manager> Reply to group

.

c=X3oDMTJlcWdxaThuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5Mz
g1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ1MzIzMjA1Mw--> Start a New Topic

.

;_ylc=X3oDMTM2YzIybTMwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MD
U5Mzg1BG1zZ0lkAzIyMzg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ1MzIzMjA1MwR0cGNJZA
MyMjM4OQ--> Messages in this topic (1)

BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5Mzg1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xr
A3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQ1MzIzMjA1Mw--> Visit Your Group

*
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ColoradoPELA/members/all;_ylc=X3oDMTJmc
XNlanZiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5Mzg1BHNlYwN2d
GwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzE0NTMyMzIwNTM-> New Members 2

zE4NzUxOTIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5Mzg1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNDUzMjMyM
DU0>

.  <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> Privacy .