[nabs-l] College Math questions

chelsea peahl chelsea.peahl at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:43:16 UTC 2016

Hi NABSters,
I have been working as the Braille editor for my university for a few months now. We recently started doing a Braille math book in Nemeth for a student, and with it being our first one, I have a few questions that I am hoping that all of your own experiences can help me with. My experience won't help as much as I would like because I do have limited vision so I've done things differently than this student will need.
1. When using tactiles, how do you prefer them? Do you like every tactile printed, or a general one that just goes over concept. (I ask this because for me, I prefer one that goes over concept whereas someone else likes all of them.)
2. When a problem is graphing, whether it be on a number line or on a graph, do you prefer a reader, or do you prefer to do these on your own with tactile graphing paper? Are these the only options? If not, what other options are there that you like?
3. Do you have any other tips/tricks/ideas that I can do to help this student as well as the rest of the team that is creating this textbook? Please let me know!
Thank you!

Chelsea Peahl