[nabs-l] College Math questions

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:45:49 UTC 2016

Hello Chelsea,

I hope you are able to get in touch with the student who is requesting this
book as each person has different ways of doing things.

I have never been able to figure out how to use tactile graphics all that
well, and would rather receive a verbal description of something so I can
create a mental image of it in my head. Likewise, I find it easier to
describe, or more like show with my finger, the elements of a graph to a
reader rather than doing it by tactile methods. However, I grew up sighted
and not blind, and this may very well be the reason why I prefer to do
things the way that I do.

Other alternatives for creating graphs for a math class could also include
the student providing a detailed accurate written description of the graph,
or using an excel spreadsheet to create a graph or number line. I do not
have any experience using either one of these alternatives, but they would
definitely be some possibilities.

Anyway, I hope this helps you find some alternatives for the student who is
looking for the braille math book.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth