[nabs-l] Sharing Facebook posts with the iPhone and VoiceOver

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:10:45 UTC 2016

Hi, Lucy and all,

Alternatively, rather than two finger double tap, you can now just
swipe up or down with one finger on the post to cycle through these
options.  Once you hear what you want to do, you then double tap with
one finger to perform the action.  E.G, if you swipe down once on a
post you will hear "Like,"  If you wanted to like the post, then you
would just double tap.  Cycling through would give you comments to
comment, share, and more options which includes another pop up window
with options for saving posts, hiding notifications, etc.

HTH.

On 7/11/16, Kristen Steele via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hey, Lucy!
>
> Yes, I have shared other friends' posts successfully from my iPhone.
> Instead of clicking on the post to expand it, there's also a shortcut.
> If you have VO hints turned on in Settings, it will read the status,
> then announce, "Two-finger double-tap to interact with this story."
> Once you two-finger double-tap on that particular status, you will be
> presented with an alert, asking you to select an action. Swipe until
> you find Share and double-tap. Then, you will be taken to a page to
> review/customize your post. (You can also use this shortcut to like or
> comment on a story more quickly, if you don't want to read the rest of
> the comments.)
>
> HTH, and hope things are going well! :)
> --
> Kristen
>
> On 7/11/16, Lucy Sirianni via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to share others' Facebook posts using an iPhone
>> with VoiceOver? I have tried to do this by simply clicking on the
>> "Share" link, but I'm not taken to a new page.  Is there anything
>> I can do to make this work?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Lucy
>>
>> Lucy Sirianni
>> Doctoral Candidate and Graduate Student Instructor, Department of
>> English, University of California, Berkeley
>> Vice President of Inclusive Excellence and Social Action, Lydia
>> Maria Child Society

>> NABS-L:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/kskristen%40gmail.com

> NABS-L: