[nabs-l] Is It just Me: Academic Challenges

Christina Moore christina.moore16 at houghton.edu
Mon Jul 18 19:21:59 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if it is just me or do other blind people have challenges academically that are due to their blindness.
Does anyone else find it challenging to search for information in a textbook? Do you feel it takes longer for you to complete assignments because it takes you longer to read information that is given to you utilizing text-to-speech software? Does anyone else find it challenging to take online tests/exams in the allotted time?
I know that is quite a few questions but I’m wondering if it is just me or if other people have these experiences.
What do you do to manage your assignments, papers and research articles/information?
Thanks for any and all responses.
Christina
P.S. If I am set to no mail will I receive the responses to this question since I posted it?