[nabs-l] Is It just Me: Academic Challenges

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:55:00 UTC 2016

Well, the answer to this is yes and no.  I find that I read
significantly faster than cited people because my text to speech
set to the top speed is faster than they can read, and it's
significantly easier for me to find things in the book because I
can search while they have to flip through their paper copy.
Doing research on the other hand is much more time consuming for
me because of the difficulty of using databases and because of
the inaccessibility of print books in the library that sighted
students can use.  I also have usually needed a sighted person's
help getting my papers correctly formatted so everything looks
right on the page.

HTH,
Karl