[nabs-l] Is It just Me: Academic Challenges

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:31:38 UTC 2016

I am interested in this thread so on list would be great for folks like me.

I will say that I have difficulties with all of the things you listed.  As far as sleep goes, I find myself falling asleep when I am listening to assignment ya on the computer or in voice dream.

I have started using my iPhone to help me remember a lot of things including assignments or deadlines.  Any little thing I put it in my reminders.   I even schedule reminders for specific times or when I leave or arrive somewhere.

Time management is a huge issue for me.  Part of that is because I am ADD as we'l.  I have an app on my phone called chime.  It can go off every hour, half hour, fifteen minutes, or some other choices I cannot remember.  You can set the quiet times and what sound you want it to use.  I find it helpful because I will get distracted doing something else other than work and it helps me keep track of how long I was doing something else.  Before I did this, I would spend much longer doing things that were not productive.  There are also some apps that implore a study method that has 4 sets of sessions with breaks.  I think the session is something like 25 minutes with a 5 minute break and then you have a larger session with a larger break. (Someone chime in here if this sounds familiar to you because I cannot remember the name.).

I am one of those blind visual thinkers.  It is a pain in my you know what!!! I try to make mental pictures in my mind but that always doesn't work.  I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you.  I wish I had found you all earlier.

Aimee

Sent from my iPhone