[nabs-l] Career: Academic

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:47:39 UTC 2016

BS'D

Good afternoon everybody,

I've started to ponder if a career in academia would be something for me. I'm preparing my B.A. in Comparative Literature and after that I'll do my M.A. in Comparative Literature, I'm doing my B.A. online and I'll probably do my M.A. online as well, will it be seen negatively if I'll apply to a Ph.D. program in the future, the online program has the same curriculum as the campus program. In my country of birth1 it"s very uncommon for student to do Ph.Ds., so I've very little knowledge of what a Ph.D. program includes. Would a Ph.D. student be willing to give me the insight of how a life is for a Ph.D. student, I would be very thankful.

LeSholom,
Leye-Shprintse Öberg
E-mail: leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Blog: http://leyeshprintse.com