[nabs-l] Introducing the 2016-17 NABS list moderators

NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:39:59 UTC 2016

Dear NABS,

                I am pleased to announce our 2016-17 National Association of
Blind Students list moderators for the upcoming calendar year.

Bryan Duarte, NABS Board member, bjduarte at asu.edu

Chris Nusbaum, NABS Board Member, dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com

Chelsea Peahl, President, Utah Association of Blind Students,
chelsea.peahl at hotmail.com

Shannon Cantan, President, Hawaii  Association of Blind Students,
Shannon.cantan at gmail.com

I have appointed these four individuals with the sole purpose of monitoring
the NABS-l discussion list. Since we are a high-trafficked listserv, I've
decided to continue the trend of having fabulous leaders step up to ensure
that our list is productive, effective, inclusive, and welcoming to all.
Please keep in mind that these four students, as well as members of the NABS
Board, may discontinue a conversation thread. There is not any malicious
intent behind such halting, rather a way to avoid conflict on topics that
should not be discussed in this open forum. Furthermore, one of our
moderators will be sending monthly reminders of the NABS list guidelines.
This has been done in the past by Arielle Silverman, and we are so gracious
for her efforts throughout the past two years.

Please feel free to email any of the list moderators if you are hesitant
about a topic starter, or simply want input on a discussion before bringing
it up. Do not feel that this is necessary by any means, but it is an option
when contemplating the birth of a controversial thread.

Thank you in advance for contributions to the list, and please let us know
if there is anything we can do to improve your experience on our listserv.

Best,

Kathryn Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students