[nabs-l] Career: Academic

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:43:29 UTC 2016

BS'D

Karl,

Thanks for your answer!

If I decide to go for a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature, I'll probably do it in Canada or the States. I don't think that I'll skip my M.A. because I'll need that time to prepare the foundation of my application to a program. In Europe, our university education is built in three steps, bachelor's degree, master's degree and doctorate degree, so I think that it's not so easy for an European student to skip that step.

I understand that people can get the perception that teachers and students don't get to know each other during an online program, but that doesn't need to be the fact. I've always been welcome to send my questions and schedule a meeting with both my professors who I've had on campus and also to them who I've had online. All sorts of relationships need some work, so I'm not so worried.

I'm interested in the Blind academics' list and I would be happy if you would share your future experiences with me, which subject is your Ph.D. in?

I wish you a good evening!

LeSholom,
Leye-Shprintse Öberg
leyeshprintse at ymail.com