[nabs-l] Study Methods and Tools

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 02:19:13 UTC 2016

During my first stint in college, I used a notetaker, you guys remember the
Braille N speak don't you?  I could type really fast and listen to the
teacher at the same time.
My most recent foray into college found me without the notetaker, so I used
my laptop, a great memory, and a strong knowledge base.  My recent master's
degree was in rehabilitation counseling, and sense I'd been working in the
field, I already possessed a great deal of information.
The other method was getting the professor to send me the PowerPoint, or
downloading it from blackboard.
That, combined combined with reading the book was really effective.  I found
that reading the chapter helped my class participation, and had it so that I
didn't need a lot of notetaking, especially if the exam was open note,
because I already know where to find the information.
I do find that braille is amazing when I use it however.
 Justin