[nabs-l] Call to action

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Thu Jul 28 13:53:26 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Federationists:
Below is an important message. If you have twitter, please tweet now. it is time to #UploadTheRegs

"As you know, for six years and counting, the Obama administration has failed to issue regulatory guidance to public entities and public accommodations covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act. We have just learned that this morning at 11 a.m. EDT, White House staff and the World Wide Web Consortium will hold a Twitter chat on web accessibility as part of the administration’s celebration of the twenty-sixth anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act. Questions for Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett, Deputy Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy Tom Kalil, and the World Wide Web Consortium can be submitted by 11 a.m. using the hash tag #ADA26. Let’s ask the administration why it has failed to #UploadTheRegs! Please take a moment to submit a tweet like the sample one below, and to monitor and participate in the Twitter chat if you can by following the #ADA26 hash tag.

@vj44 @WhiteHouseOSTPRegulatory guidance is critical to promoting web #a11y. Why has this administration failed to #uploadtheregs? #ADA26

The more tweets we send, the more the White House will know of our determination to see meaningful guidance on web accessibility issued by this administration. Please forward this request to any members or friends who are on Twitter so that they too can participate. Also,  don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Chris Danielsen."

Respectfully,
Michael Ausbun