[nabs-l] Michael Ausbun for NABS Secretary

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:09:20 UTC 2016

All,

	Michael is a passionate, level-headed, driven, and positive leader,
scholar, and friend. This past year, I was fortunate enough to have Michael
as the co-chair of the Fundraising Committee for the National Association of
Blind Students. His work on both the NABS Board, as well as with his state
affiliate and others he partners with, is influential to all. As the current
NABS Secretary, I am confident in Michael's abilities to effectively
communicate to our members, our leaders, and perspective members of the
national Federation of the Blind. Michael is punctual, mindful, and
dedicated, while holding those accountable and holding himself accountable.
His commitment does not stop there. Recently, Michael has taken on a
position as a Summer Intern at our national headquarters, the National
Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, and will gain valuable
information that, I'm certain, will develop him even further as a strong
leader on our student division board.

As Fundraising Chair, I have worked closely with Michael to reach the
various goals we set forth last July. Thinking back over the past ten months
of working, Michael has brought realistic ideas to the table, while reaching
outside the box. Michael is quiet, yet outspoken. His creative balanced well
with my analytical and logical mind. We were a great team and I look forward
to continuing the work we have done; and forwarding our movement for all
blind students.

With just three weeks until Convention, I am asking each of you to consider
Michael as an incredible candidate with promising leadership and potential.
I know I will be voting for him as NABS Secretary on Friday, July 1, and I
hope you will be, too!

See you in Orlando,
Kathryn Webster
Secretary/Treasurer | National Association of Blind Students