[nabs-l] Mentoring opportunity for high school and college students

Kartik Sawhney sawhney.kartik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:27:40 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

  I'm working with a few friends on a portal that seeks to provide
mentorship for students with disabilities. here's some more
information about this.

  The Next Billion is an organization that connects people with
disabilities with industry leaders, who can support them
professionally with the goal of improving diversity and accessibility
in the global community. Through our platform, we connect mentees
(people with disabilities) with a mentor (industry leader with or
without disability) that can help guide and foster them to achieve
their professional goals – based on their field of expertise,
relationship with their particular disability and their personal
experience. We will be launching our platform in October 2016 and are
looking for advisors, mentors, partners or organizations who would be
interested in working with us. We are also taking pre-signups for
mentees and mentors, who would be the first ones to try out the
platform at launch.

 We already have several mentors from companies such as Microsoft,
Google, Facebook, and some other financial firms, as well as several
other individuals and entrepreneurs from a wide array of career
fields. If you are interested either as a mentee or would like to
mentor a high school student with a disability, please sign up at
nextbillion.org. For us, the experiences of our mentees are the most
important, and the platform is going to be guided by your ideas. I
encourage you to give it a try, and we look forward to your input.

PS-We understand that 70% of disabilities on college campuses are
invisible disabilities, and we have several mentors who have invisible
disabilities themselves. Rest assured that any information that you
provide will be kept completely confidential.

--
-Kartik Sawhney,
+1-(510) 766-3419