[nabs-l] Bre Brown For NABS First Vice President

Bre Brown bre.brown24 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 20:09:41 UTC 2016

Greetings NABS,

	I am writing today to inform you that I will be running for the first
vice president at our 2016 student elections. These past seven years
in the federation, and these past 3 years on the NABS board have truly
been a life changing experience. Like many of us, I was a student when
I joined. It was a time in which I had questions, needed guidance, and
needed people who would push me to go further than I ever imagined.
Fortunately, that is exactly what I have gained. Not only can we gain
from the federation, but it is important to give back. By serving on
the NABS board, I have been able to guide students towards success,
build and strengthen student divisions all over the country, bring new
students in to the federation, educate about blindness, work on
various student projects, and so much more. Although the National
Association of Blind Students has been in existence for more than four
decades, we still have plenty of work to do. I look forward to being
able to continue changing what it means to be a blind student,
creating new fun and innovative programs for students, sharing my
ideas, working closely with my fellow board members, and continuing
the growth of our organization. All students deserve equal access, an
equal education, and equal rights in classrooms and on campuses. I
promise to do my best to continue making that happen. I look forward
to serving, and I would appreciate your consideration and a vote at
our 2016 NABS elections. Let’s go build the federation. See you in
Orlando.

Thanks
Bre Brown
Second Vice President | national Association of Blind Students