[nabs-l] Chelsea Peahl seeking election! NABS 2016-2017

chelsea peahl chelsea.peahl at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:37:38 UTC 2016

Hello fellow nabsters,
My name is Chelsea Peahl. I have shown my intent to seek election to the NABS board already on this list, but with convention only a few days out, I wanted to reach out one last time to further show my interest and intent. For those who don't know me, I have been involved in the federation since 2012. In that time, I have mentored for Utah's BELL Academy for 4 years, have worked as a mentor for NFB of Utah's Project STRIVE for two years, have held the position of the Utah association of blind students Vice President, and now currently hold the position of president.  I work for my university's disability office as their Braille transcriber, am a board member for my local NFB of Utah chapter, and have a passion education and unification. I am currently studying to be a dual education teacher (special Ed and elem Ed) and want to take everything that I have currently learned in my 21 years of life to educate the world on not only blindness, but also on the capabilities of anyone with a disability. If elected to the board, I would take this passion and would love to take part in any legislative action that both NABS and the National Federation of the Blind get involved in, while also seeking to mentor new members of NABS. As you prepare to vote during our annual business meeting, please consider me for a positive as a board member. Thank you, and I can't wait to meet and see all of those attending!

Chelsea Peahl