[nabs-l] Excel: Charts and Graphs with JAWS 17

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:02:25 UTC 2016

Hi Christina,
As far as I know, it's not possible to label a chart that someone else
has created using JAWS. Excel charts usually have a sheet associated
with them that contains the actual data. You can try opening the chart
and then pressing control-page up or page down to see if there is a
data sheet associated with the chart. If you are the one creating the
chart from scratch, you will create the data worksheet first, insert
the chart and then you can click on an axis to label it.
I think it may be worthwhile to recruit a reader for jus 15-20 minutes
to help with the labeling.
Best, Arielle