[nabs-l] Problem with Microsoft Word iOS App

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:32:19 UTC 2016

Hello All:

For the majority of my classwork, I am currently using the Microsoft Word app on my iPhone along with the Braille Edge display from HIMS. In recent weeks I have noticed that Word seems to be putting the cursor in random places, regardless of where I route it with the cursor routing buttons on my Braille display. For example, even when my display shows the cursor in the place I want it to be, when I start editing I find that my phone's cursor is actually on a different line of text. This usually ends up screwing up the entire document, causing me to either do a lot of time-consuming editing or switching to my computer (if available) to complete the rest of the document.

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with my iPhone, my Braille display or the Word app, but I have tried to replicate the problem in other apps and have not been able to do so. So, I'm thinking it's a bug in the Word app. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If so, have you found a workaround or can you suggest another wordprocessing app? Currently our school is using Office 365 as our tool for sharing documents between teachers and students, and to my knowledge Word is the only iOS app which connects directly to OneDrive. If necessary, however, I may need to download another app and work out another arrangement for getting assignments to and from teachers. Any insights on this would be appreciated. Thanks, as always, for your support!

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone