[nabs-l] Obtaining a BrailleNote at an Affordable Price

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:32:36 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I hope this message finds you well. While I principally rely on
adaptive technology for performing all my tasks effectively, I have
recently come to realize that Braille can also be immensely useful in
several contexts. More specifically, as a lawyer, I think I would
immensely benefit from Braille in situations where I am required to
read something verbatim from a document or seamlessly refer to some
pointers for a presentation.
However, the BrailleNote, which as per my understanding would be the
most effective tool in such contexts, is prohibitively expensive, more
so for me since I live in India and the device is simply unaffordable
when one converts the price into Indian currency. Therefore, I was
wondering if anyone could suggest a cheaper tool for using Braille
seamlessly or a way of procuring the BrailleNote at an affordable
price. Anything less than 1000 dollars, ideally.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Rahul