[nabs-l] Lower Stamina

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Tue May 17 22:17:06 UTC 2016

Hello All:
	I find, like that of any task, practice makes perfect. That is, if you want to build your stamina, the only way you can accomplish this is by practice, practice, practice. The reason it appears that your sighted counterparts seem to have more stamina than you, is likely due to the fact that they have been at the activities longer than you, or their biological make-up is predisposed to that kind of activity (I.E. their diet and physical movements create a natural state in regards to their stamina). If you were looking to get your stamina up, I would follow exactly what has been suggested, with one addition. Walking, though it is less vigorous than running on a treadmill or lifting weights is a good way to get ones stamina up. If you force yourself to walk about ten thousand steps a day, you will find that your body will have more stamina. Always increase your daily goal incrementally, in order to compensate for the change or increase.
HTH
Michael Ausbun
Board member, National Association of Blind Students