[nabs-l] Long Division

Jason Polansky jpolansky.nfb at gmail.com
Sat May 28 08:42:36 UTC 2016

This thread is very interesting. I've never heard of doing long division in Excel. When I did long division in elementary school, I used the Perkins brailler. My teacher of the blind taught me a technique called the "T form." You basically set up the problem in the shape of a print T. You start out with a line of about 10 or 12 dots 2 5 across the top center of the page, then you find the center of that line and type a vertical line of dots 4 5 6. You line up the problem and do your subtraction on the left side of the vertical line and you type your answers as you subtract on the right side. You add up all the numbers on the right side to get your answer when your finished.