[nabs-l] National Braille Challenge

Cricket Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 23:21:06 UTC 2016

Dear students,

I just wanted to let you know that registration for the preliminary
round of the 2017 National Braille Challenge is officially open.
Regional events will take place from December through March, but you
can also take the contest individually with your TVI. Must be in
grades 1-12 to be eligible, and must live in the U.S. or Canada.
Students are tested on reading comprehension and proofreading. Younger
students are also tested on spelling, and older students are tested on
speed and accuracy and charts and graphs interpretation. Tests for
older students are not being administered in UEB this year. Ten
finalists in each of the five age groups will be invited to a final
round of competition and fun in Los Angeles in June. As a finalist in
previous years, I can certainly tell you that the Braille Challenge is
a fun event full of meaningful friendships, music, laughter, and
Braille. I hope you will consider being part of it. For more
information, visit http://www.braillechallenge.org

All the best,
Cricket X. Bidleman
California Association of Blind Students, Webmaster
NCS Pearson, Blindness and Accessibility Consultant
Morro Bay High School Academic Enrichment Program (AEP), President