[nabs-l] Meeting with Professors in Advance

Helga Schreiber helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:35:56 UTC 2016

Hi Vejas. How are yu? I recommend you to meet with your professors two months in advance. I actually will do that this Semester.  I always do that. When you write an email   to your professors,  first, don't tell them about your books yet? When you write an emil tell them, just Hello professor, then you put the Professor's name and just tell them who you are and that  you are a blind or visually impaired student, and  just tell them that you will like to meet with them at their  office in order to discuss the course adn accommodations that you   will need for the  course. When you tell them who you are in your emil, tell them that you wil be take their class next upcoming semester. It is better to meet in person with them since when you meet with them you will talk about the books, adn they send you the emils of the textbooks you need.   Below I will post a sample email in how I write to new Professor if I don't know them,adn I want to meet with them before next semester. Hope this helps! I look forward in hearing form you soon. Thanks and God bless!
Hello Professor last name of Professor. My name is Helga Schreiber and I am a visually impaired student who is going to take your Literature & The Environment class next upcoming Spring Semester. Would it be possible for you to meet with me at your office, in order to discuss about the course and some accommodations I will need for it? I'm just wondering. I will really appreciate it.  I look forward in hearing from you soon. Thanks so much.

  Helga Schreiber
Group Moderator

  for the IPad help for the blind

IPadhelpfortheblind+subscribe at groups.io

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950
Email: helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Skype: helga.schreiber26
INT Website: http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Sent from my iPhone 7 running IOS 10.1