[nabs-l] Advice on getting textbook in accessible format with image descriptions

Tristan torres tristan.torres09 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:09:49 UTC 2016

I wouldn't look to Learning ally for image descriptions. The image descriptions Learning ally provides are only good if the narrator knows how to describe things well. Plus, I've found Learning Ally to be an unreliable company overall. I'm currently taking an introductory to Economics class this semester, and i reached out to my professor well in advance. My university has a 3d printer on campus, and my professor has been good about getting me 3d graphs. I think they provide a superior product compared to Braille and Wikki sticks, so maybe your college might have something similar. I also meet with a tutor in order to clarify any images that I may have missed while reading. Hope this helps.
Tristan.